Are you thinking about selling your home during the holidays? Many people think that it’s a bad idea, since the market tends to slow and people aren’t looking to buy during this time. But it actually can be a great time to sell. Here are five tips to think about when selling your home during the holidays.
1) To best represent your home, hire professional photographers. When you work with us, you won’t really have to worry about this one. Even if your lawn has started to become dormant and brown, our photographer can edit any outside photos to make your yard look lush and green. Another option would be to take nighttime photos with outside lights on, so as to detract from the cold, barren appearance of the yard.
2) Go easy on the decorations. Everybody loves to decorate their homes for the holidays. However, when you’re looking to sell, adopt a ‘less is more’ mentality. Too many decorations can distract from the actual features of the home. You don’t want a buyer to remember your decorations more than your home itself.
3) Keep your entryway clean. Clear away any winter gear like boots, coats, hats, shoes, and holiday decorations.
4) Don’t forget about curb appeal. Curb appeal will tell people passing your home whether or not they’re interested in even going in. For this reason, keeping the outside appearance of your home in top condition is extremely important.
5) Light it up. When doing photography and showings, turn on all the lights, both exterior and interior. It gives a nice, warm feel to the house that’s especially inviting when it’s cold out.
If you have any questions regarding real estate, feel free to reach out to me or my team any time. We’d be glad to help.